A question for the web wise:
When I do a 'quote' in a message it simply says "Quote".
But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
Thanks!
How do I ....
- Tim
- Shipwright Extraordinaire
- Posts: 5708
- Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
- Boat Name: Glissando
- Boat Type: Pearson Triton
- Location: Whitefield, ME
- Contact:
Two ways:
When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.
Or, insert the quote code manually, using the following convention:
When inserted in your post, this would appear as:
When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.
Or, insert the quote code manually, using the following convention:
Code: Select all
[quote="Peter"]But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done? [/quote]
I usually quote manually in this way. Be sure to include the quotation marks around the name.Peter wrote:But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating