In Shock and a Magnamious Offer...

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

In Shock and a Magnamious Offer...

Post by bcooke »

I went into mild cardiac arrest when I read this today...
Tim Lackey wrote:As a result, we made the difficult--yet ultimately soothing--decision to refrain from launching Glissando this season.
Tim, you must know that one of the worst things for a boat is to sit. With only Your and Glissando's interest at heart I am offering to take care of her this season. Let me know when I could come by and pick her up.

-Britton
Robert The Gray
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Oakland California
Contact:

Post by Robert The Gray »

Tim,

I was just the other day wondering if you had developed a new system for your anchor platform and mooring pendant. I suppose this means you have another year for research and design!! By the way I think britton's offer is quite magnimonious of him. sailing is so much trouble anyway....hehe

rtg
Former Owner: Whisper, now Alma 1960 WC Triton
Whisper Projects
Daysailfilms
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Britton, you're all heart! Tell you what. Sit right next to the phone and DON'T MOVE AN INCH till I call you to tell you to pick up the boat.

That's right, sit right there....stay. I'll be calling soon. Really. Just be sure NOT to move, for anything.

hehe
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

bcooke wrote:...you must know that one of the worst things for a boat is to sit...
Yes, but the year off will give me some time to do a little work and spruce her up a bit. Heck, who knows--she might even find her way inside.

As I indicated, it's a tough decision, but ultimately, I am sure, the right one.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Post by bcooke »

<waiting>

<waiting

...I think I have to go to the bathroom...

<waiting>
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Do NOT leave that phone. I could call anytime. Really.

The bathroom can wait.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
dasein668
Boateg
Posts: 1637
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:09 am
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668
Location: Portland, Maine
Contact:

Post by dasein668 »

Tim wrote: Yes, but the year off will give me some time to do a little work and spruce her up a bit. Heck, who knows--she might even find her way inside.
Wait... it's coming to me... wait for it....

Ok, so Dasein needs the galley and salo[o]n finished... How 'bout I sail Glissando this year, and instead of sprucing her up in your spare time, you could finish out Dasein's interior?

And just so you know my heart is in the right place: I'll let you deliver her up the coast for my cruise.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Just look at how we all have generous solutions which will keep you working on boats while we keep Glissando from sitting idle all year. What a bunch we are!
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Post by bcooke »

mmm......

rrrrrr......

How about auctioning timeshares on Glissando this summer. It just might pay for the new sauna and jacuzzi?

Is it me or is this website kinda blurry?... like looking out of a fishbowl...

Wait! was that the telephone?... Did I miss it?

laa dee daa dee daa dee daa.....

Quick, someone tell me a story or something.

-Britton
User avatar
Rachel
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 3044
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Rachel »

Britton,

Once upon a time a guy let you use his boat all summer long, just because he was going to be a tad too busy to do so himself. The End.

<wink>

:-)
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Glad to know everyone's looking out for...um...my best benefit. What a group!

Hey Britton, I think you moved. I called you last night, but there was no answer. Oh well, I guess the boat goes to the next guy on the list. Too bad for you.

:<P
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Post by bcooke »

Rachel, that is the nicest story I have ever heard.

Tim, well... oh never mind. <sigh>.

-Britton
User avatar
catamount
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 378
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:30 am
Boat Name: GREYHAWK
Boat Type: Peterson 34
Location: Boothbay Harbor, ME
Contact:

Post by catamount »

Tim, if you can take a break from banging nails this summer and get yourself from Whitefield down to Boothbay Harbor some afternoon, I'll take you out sailing on GREYHAWK ... you know just so as you don't forget what its like. ;-)

Regards,
Tim Allen -- 1980 Peterson 34 GREYHAWK
Harborfields Housekeeping Cottages, West Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Sailors for the Sea, a new voice for ocean conservation
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Post by bcooke »

With Glissando taking a break this year does this mean Sprite is going to fill your on-the-water addiction?

-Britton
Post Reply