Columbia Contender

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
windrose
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:50 am
Location: Shady Side, MD

Columbia Contender

Post by windrose »

http://www.columbia-yachts.com/c-24cont.html

Kept noticeing this sweet little boat off the fairway ....named Tabasco, of all things :-)... so I stopped and talked to the folks, she is a 1965 Columbia Contender. She looks like a "morphed" Triton...sweet little boat!

I admit I was surprised to find she was 24'....
radicalcy
Skilled Systems Installer
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:45 pm
Boat Name: AllAboutMe
Boat Type: Columbia 8.7
Location: Richmond,Va
Contact:

Post by radicalcy »

I had a Columbia Challenger 24 that I sold when I bought the Sabre. They're sweet boats,but can be a little cumbersome in light wind. A very well built boat, and a great "first" boat.
Larry
Larry Wilson
Columbia 8.7
Columbia Sabre
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:32 am
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42
Location: L.I. Sound

Post by Figment »

I stopped and gazed-over one of these on a recent rowboat ride. At first I was just struck by the comical proportions of those friggin huge deadlight windows, but once in a little closer..... yeah, it's a nice little ride. The particular boat I saw clearly was very well-loved by its owner, and that tells me as much as anything else about ANY boat.
Post Reply