I took the plunge

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
JonnyBoats
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: Wiscasset, ME
Contact:

I took the plunge

Post by JonnyBoats »

Well I took the plunge and purchased a Bristol 32 in Cape May, NJ and just todat finished sailing her to Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

Somehow I feel like I cheated however, the boat was all set to go when I bought her. All I did was load my gear and take off. The boat performed flawlessly and I had a long but pleasant trip. Since I was by myself I anchored every night and twice ended up staying put for more than one night because of weather.

There are definately improvements I want to make, but since the season is short in Maine, I think I will sail her now and make them when the weather turns nasty later in the fall.

I will post some photos later.

John Tarbox
John Tarbox
S/V Altair, a LeComte NorthEast 38
http://www.boatmaine.us
User avatar
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:23 pm
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30
Location: Pedder Bay (Victoria), BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by Peter »

Congratulations, John. Look forward to seeing the pictures!
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:32 am
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42
Location: L.I. Sound

Post by Figment »

YOU CHEATER!!!

ah, just kidding. congrats on the new toy. I envy that delivery cruise![/b]
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

John,

Congratulations on the B-32. I look forward to hearing more when you're rested up from your journey.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Post Reply