Page 1 of 1

Columbia Contender

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:55 pm
by windrose
http://www.columbia-yachts.com/c-24cont.html

Kept noticeing this sweet little boat off the fairway ....named Tabasco, of all things :-)... so I stopped and talked to the folks, she is a 1965 Columbia Contender. She looks like a "morphed" Triton...sweet little boat!

I admit I was surprised to find she was 24'....

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:31 am
by radicalcy
I had a Columbia Challenger 24 that I sold when I bought the Sabre. They're sweet boats,but can be a little cumbersome in light wind. A very well built boat, and a great "first" boat.
Larry

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:00 am
by Figment
I stopped and gazed-over one of these on a recent rowboat ride. At first I was just struck by the comical proportions of those friggin huge deadlight windows, but once in a little closer..... yeah, it's a nice little ride. The particular boat I saw clearly was very well-loved by its owner, and that tells me as much as anything else about ANY boat.