Page 1 of 1

How do I ....

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:54 am
by Peter
A question for the web wise:
When I do a 'quote' in a message it simply says "Quote".
But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
Thanks!

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:19 am
by Tim
Two ways:

When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.

Or, insert the quote code manually, using the following convention:

Code: Select all

[quote="Peter"]But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead. 
How is that done? [/quote]
When inserted in your post, this would appear as:
Peter wrote:But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
I usually quote manually in this way. Be sure to include the quotation marks around the name.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:53 am
by Peter
Tim wrote:When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.
Cool :-)
Thanks, Tim!