Page 1 of 1
In Shock and a Magnamious Offer...
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:18 pm
by bcooke
I went into mild cardiac arrest when I read this today...
Tim Lackey wrote:As a result, we made the difficult--yet ultimately soothing--decision to refrain from launching Glissando this season.
Tim, you must know that one of the worst things for a boat is to sit. With only Your and
Glissando's interest at heart I am offering to take care of her this season. Let me know when I could come by and pick her up.
-Britton
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:12 pm
by Robert The Gray
Tim,
I was just the other day wondering if you had developed a new system for your anchor platform and mooring pendant. I suppose this means you have another year for research and design!! By the way I think britton's offer is quite magnimonious of him. sailing is so much trouble anyway....hehe
rtg
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:14 pm
by Tim
Britton, you're all heart! Tell you what. Sit right next to the phone and DON'T MOVE AN INCH till I call you to tell you to pick up the boat.
That's right, sit right there....stay. I'll be calling soon. Really. Just be sure NOT to move, for anything.
hehe
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm
by Tim
bcooke wrote:...you must know that one of the worst things for a boat is to sit...
Yes, but the year off will give me some time to do a little work and spruce her up a bit. Heck, who knows--she might even find her way inside.
As I indicated, it's a tough decision, but ultimately, I am sure, the right one.
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:08 pm
by bcooke
<waiting>
<waiting
...I think I have to go to the bathroom...
<waiting>
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:23 pm
by Tim
Do NOT leave that phone. I could call anytime. Really.
The bathroom can wait.
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:07 pm
by dasein668
Tim wrote:
Yes, but the year off will give me some time to do a little work and spruce her up a bit. Heck, who knows--she might even find her way inside.
Wait... it's coming to me... wait for it....
Ok, so Dasein needs the galley and salo[o]n finished... How 'bout
I sail Glissando this year, and instead of sprucing her up in your spare time, you could finish out Dasein's interior?
And just so you know my heart is in the right place: I'll let you deliver her up the coast for my cruise.
Yeah. That's the ticket.
Just look at how we all have generous solutions which will keep you working on boats while we keep Glissando from sitting idle all year. What a bunch we are!
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:46 am
by bcooke
mmm......
rrrrrr......
How about auctioning timeshares on Glissando this summer. It just might pay for the new sauna and jacuzzi?
Is it me or is this website kinda blurry?... like looking out of a fishbowl...
Wait! was that the telephone?... Did I miss it?
laa dee daa dee daa dee daa.....
Quick, someone tell me a story or something.
-Britton
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:53 am
by Rachel
Britton,
Once upon a time a guy let you use his boat all summer long, just because he was going to be a tad too busy to do so himself. The End.
<wink>
:-)
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:50 am
by Tim
Glad to know everyone's looking out for...um...my best benefit. What a group!
Hey Britton, I think you moved. I called you last night, but there was no answer. Oh well, I guess the boat goes to the next guy on the list. Too bad for you.
:<P
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:41 pm
by bcooke
Rachel, that is the nicest story I have ever heard.
Tim, well... oh never mind. <sigh>.
-Britton
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 pm
by catamount
Tim, if you can take a break from banging nails this summer and get yourself from Whitefield down to Boothbay Harbor some afternoon, I'll take you out sailing on GREYHAWK ... you know just so as you don't forget what its like. ;-)
Regards,
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:31 pm
by bcooke
With Glissando taking a break this year does this mean Sprite is going to fill your on-the-water addiction?
-Britton