boaty x-mas gifts
- cantstopnow
- Master Varnisher
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:05 pm
- Boat Name: Ariadne
- Boat Type: Morgan M34
- Location: Chebeague Island, ME
- Contact:
boaty x-mas gifts
I thought that I would post a photo of the carving that i just finished as a Christmas present for my dad. I wonder what boat I was thinking of?

Last edited by cantstopnow on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today is a great day to Go Sailing
1966 Morgan M34 K/CB
1965 Pearson Commander
1977 kells 28
1973 Paceship PY23
1971 Compac CP 16
1966 Morgan M34 K/CB
1965 Pearson Commander
1977 kells 28
1973 Paceship PY23
1971 Compac CP 16
-
Mark.Wilme
- Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:35 pm
- Location: MA and RI
-
Duncan
- Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:28 am
- Boat Name: Coquine
- Boat Type: Cape Dory 27
- Location: Montréal
- Contact:
Re: boaty x-mas gifts
A wooden Triton? That would take things "to the next level"! Wooden it?cantstopnow wrote:I wonder what boat I was thinking of?
(Sorry).
Very nice carving, I bet he'll be delighted.
My son gave me the Mystic Seaport Classic Sailing calendar last year and I'm hoping for the same again.
39' Philip Rhodes designed, Coleman Boat Co., Inc. built auxiliary sloop VALKYRIE (built 1940 in Medford, Mass.) on Long Island Sound.
Credit: Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection.

Cape Dory 10 & 27
-
David VanDenburgh
- Skilled Systems Installer
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:33 pm
- Boat Name: Ariel
- Boat Type: Cape Dory 36
- Location: St. Joseph, Michigan
- Contact:
Santa came early this year and brought a Dickinson solid fuel heater, a Weems and Plath lantern, and several boat units! Come February, and the Strictly Sail show in Chicago, we'll hopefully place an order for a dodger.Mark.Wilme wrote:Nice !
Talking of which - What Boat toys is everyone hoping Santa brings this year ???
Life is good.
-
jollyboat
- Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
- Boat Name: Jollyboat
- Boat Type: Pearson Triton
- Location: Fairfield County, CT
- Contact:
Christmas was good to me as well. Santa managed to sqeeze a tiller pilot down the chimney and thousand "Triton-bucks" out of his wallet. (I know when it comes to the nautical candy store - I will try not spend that all in one place)
I also received a skull and cross bones bandanna - Arrrg my hearties!
Fe Fi Fo Fum - where did I put my kask of Rum! !
I also received a skull and cross bones bandanna - Arrrg my hearties!
Fe Fi Fo Fum - where did I put my kask of Rum! !
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)
No Quarter
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)
No Quarter




