Page 1 of 1
Spring splash
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:46 am
by Duncan
Launching is usually the early part of May around here. The forecast is good, so I'm headed for the boatyard this weekend!
I've set a target of getting both boats in the water by May 15th. This will be challenging, since there's plenty I want to do, but the list will get pared down if I set a deadline. One boat is an hour one way, and the other is an hour the other way, as well, but what the heck. Winter's over, spring has sprung, so "pitter-patter, let's get at 'er"?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:48 am
by dasein668
May 11. Yikes!
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:02 am
by Tim
I'm not scheduled yet, but I'm thinking mid to late May.
There's not that much I have to do before launch, but I MUST address the brightwork, particularly the toerail. With the typical spring weather, it will probably take weeks of elapsed time to get 6-10 coats of new varnish on.
At this stage, there's still lots of snow around the boat, and with iffy weather in the forecast for the next week, there's little hope of getting started on anything yet.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:04 am
by Tim
dasein668 wrote:May 11. Yikes!
That's 6 weeks from today. You, my friend, had best get going! hehe
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:17 am
by Figment
April 20. Three weekends.
Daylight Saving Time is my friend.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:38 am
by Ceasar Choppy
From another thread that I thought was relevant... my progress in bold:
List for this winter:
1. replace fuel tank Should be here next week.
2. replace fuel delivery system Once I get the tank in
3. install serpentine belt system on engine so I don't have to tighten alternator belt before every trip! on hold
4. relocate batteries behind engine/waterlift once I get the tank in
5. new engine mounts for the Perkins 4-108 almost done- painting under engine now
6. new exhaust hose not yet
7. relocate engine controls to pedestal very close- need to do adjustments
8. new VDO engine instruments well i bought them at least!
9. finish shower sump system bottom of the list
10. fix portside water tank spigot bottom of the list
11. repair blisters next year
12. install new stanchions next year
13. install 6 new opening portlights if I ever buy them. I bought em, waiting for them to show up
14. stop leaks in existing fixed portlights this will be a quick and dirty fix I fear
15. refinish toe rail maybe, need to get the cover off first after windows installed
16. find a job that will pay for all this AND allow me to work on it at the same time! Hahahahahaha!
Looks like I'm gonna have to move that April 28 splash date back a bit!
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:49 am
by dasein668
Tim wrote:dasein668 wrote:May 11. Yikes!
That's 6 weeks from today. You, my friend, had best get going! hehe
Not much I
can do, thanks to the weather. Cover off in another week or so, I hope.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:32 pm
by MikeD
It sounds like Tim needs more indoor storage at his boatyard. :)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:35 pm
by Tim
After a couple frustrating week of trying to find a suitable hauler, things fell into place today and I finally scheduled a launch day: May 29.
It's a bit later than usual, but given what I need to do on the boat after a year on the hard, plus my work schedule, plus the winter that won't quit, plus Memorial Day Weekend plans, it makes good sense.
The way the past couple Mays have been around here, I doubt I'll miss much.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:14 pm
by dasein668
Dasein is hopefully rescheduling to the 29th as well. Details yet to be finialized.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 pm
by Tim
Copycat.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:39 pm
by dasein668
Yeah, yeah.