Page 1 of 1

Jeff of Kaynee

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:22 pm
by Figment
What ever happened to Jeff?
Can't remember the last time we heard a peep from the fella.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:27 pm
by Tim
I heard from him not long ago. With 15 months till retirement from his "real" job with the police force, and working many nights rekindling his musical career of old, he is not concentrating on his boat at all these days. His focus is on music, so the boat is not going in this year.

But he's alive, well, and kicking!

HEY! I resemble that remark!

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:17 am
by kaynee
Yes: my musical rehab is taking all my time. It's amazing how much I forgot...and how far I have yet to go. I just got home from as gig: I made almost as much as a boat surveyor! And watching nubile, scantily-clad female-types shake anatomically interesting....... accouterments....sure beats wrassling drunk persons with cooties for a living. Any freaking day!!!!!! (nearly as fulfilling as whacking mallets on somebody's hull, too. [ can you detect the comic opening, there, Tim?])
Seriously, though, rule #1 for performing..and making money at it, is "Thou shalt not suck". Not sucking involves more time and prep than working on a boat. And in the end, I will only suck less than many. But with a little Grecian Formula and Spandex pants, the sky's the limit!!
I started writing some pop tunes that I'm not embarrassed to play in front of humans, too. I'm not gonna make a produced CD or anything...just shop them around to some publishers...demos. All I need is for one to hit, and I'm golden. (songs about grinding and itching: I think it's a genre waiting to explode).
And I got a studio on-call thing where the owner calls me in to play stuff on other people's crappy CD projects:
"Mr Big! We got a dreamer willing to pay huge dollars for the use of our studio to assemble a crappy CD!"
"Right! Call the inexpensive musicians! Nothing but the crappiest!!"
"Hello, Jeff?"

So, thanx fer thinking of me...by the time I resume sailing, I should know how to use the dang GPS.

Jeff

PS: now I gotta take some asprin and get some rest: my recovery time is a lot longer than it used to be.
"Wanna go to a swingin' soiree after the gig?"
"Nah...gonna take a nap."

PPS: Mike: did you take a digital snap of Kaynee...with the dirt on the deck, insect pupae on the hull, and weeds growing to the water line? A great cautionary tale for the rest of the Triton community: 'Don't let this happen to you!' kinda thing. I felt tawdry showing her to you.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:20 am
by Tim
Jeff: get some sleep, man! hehe

Re: HEY! I resemble that remark!

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:03 pm
by Figment
kaynee wrote: PPS: Mike: did you take a digital snap of Kaynee...with the dirt on the deck, insect pupae on the hull, and weeds growing to the water line? A great cautionary tale for the rest of the Triton community: 'Don't let this happen to you!' kinda thing. I felt tawdry showing her to you.
Oh, I think I know just the remedy. I'll post a pic of Figment in her current tawdry state.... Weeds up to the waterline despite being indoors, and stripped completely bareass naked.

No kidding. I actually had to bust out the weedwhacker when I wanted to work on the keel last week.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:49 am
by Tim
One thing about those plastic shelters is that they seem to work just like greenhouses! I remember the grass-growing problem myself, from way back when.

Funny, though: now the grass will NEVER grow iwhere the shed used to be--it's a barren wasteland.