How do I ....

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
User avatar
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:23 pm
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30
Location: Pedder Bay (Victoria), BC, Canada
Contact:

How do I ....

Post by Peter »

A question for the web wise:
When I do a 'quote' in a message it simply says "Quote".
But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
Thanks!
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Two ways:

When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.

Or, insert the quote code manually, using the following convention:

Code: Select all

[quote="Peter"]But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead. 
How is that done? [/quote]
When inserted in your post, this would appear as:
Peter wrote:But I notice some people get the heading to say "Bob said" instead.
How is that done?
I usually quote manually in this way. Be sure to include the quotation marks around the name.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
User avatar
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:23 pm
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30
Location: Pedder Bay (Victoria), BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by Peter »

Tim wrote:When reading the post you wish to quote, simply click the "quote" button, which will automatically open a reply windo and quote the whole post, including the original poster's name. You can remove parts of the post you wish not to quote, which I would recommend.
Cool :-)
Thanks, Tim!
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca
Post Reply