CONTINUED EXISTENCE OF TRITON FACTORY

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Contact:

CONTINUED EXISTENCE OF TRITON FACTORY

Post by jollyboat »

Tim, do you know if the Triton Factory as of late still exist
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

No, not in the way it once did.

The original host of the facility that contained the so-called "Triton Factory", Triangle Marine Engineering, appears to be still in existence with new shop location in Portsmouth, RI, where they apparently build the Quonset Point 25' jetboat.

www.quonsetpoint25.com
www.trimareng.com

But the collection of Tritons that was once housed in the old "Triton Factory" has gone its various separate ways.

I'll have 4 Tritons at my property this winter...does that count as a new "Triton Factory"?
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
User avatar
Rachel
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 3044
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Rachel »

Tim wrote:I'll have 4 Tritons at my property this winter...does that count as a new "Triton Factory"?
I think it's now "The Triton Factory" :-)
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Contact:

Post by jollyboat »

Yes, I would say that would count as the new TRITON factory. As soon as I get the damn house done and the Triton squared away, I too am going to start looking for another. It is "triton lonely" in my neck of the woods and I very much would like to do some one design match racing!
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
keelbolts
Skilled Systems Installer
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:20 pm
Location: Tidewater, VA

Post by keelbolts »

Listen guys, I'd really appreciate it if you would refrain from buying up all the Tritons before I get around to selling my wooden boat.
Post Reply