The Plastic Classic Forum, your free and in-depth resource for information on re/building classic sailboats. ... Be sure to visit / join our sister site at sailFar.net! ... And don't forget to check out Atom's Virtual Home Port! ...
Saturday (the 7th?) afternoon, around 4:30 or 5:00, I'm 95% sure I saw SCOUT running east under jib and jigger, just off Hamonnasset point. Looking just glorious. How many dark-hulled Invicta-looking things can there be on the sound?
I was the green and white spinnaker that had just crossed 300yds ahead of you into Clinton harbor.
Yes, the onboard photocrew certainly dropped the ball on that one!
I let it slide, though, as we'd just doused the spinnaker into the companionway hatch, so finding the camera beneath that pile of nylon wasn't going to be a quick operation.
Figment wrote:...we'd just doused the spinnaker into the companionway hatch, so finding the camera beneath that pile of nylon wasn't going to be a quick operation.
Always with the excuses. ;<)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Gee Fig, just saw this...I'm not sure - that was 4 weeks ago!! Let's see, the first night we dropped anchor in Duck Island, so, it could have been, I guess. Sorry, but I don't remember the Spinny dousing. Wish you h ad hailed us, we always moniter 16. Sorry to have missed you.
RE radio, some how or another it is engrained (ingrained?) in both of us that the radio comes out and is turned on at the beginning of every day. Is your home port not Long Island, west of us? Purty far afield I'd say, must have been racing?
Only, with maturity? ! Oh, I am sorry - though I have aged a little a am still not mature - and hope I never am. Would very much love a ride on SCOUT - you guys have done a fanstastic job. How do you think you would fair in race against the lightest TRITON in Western LongIsland Sound?
Brian Jollyboat, Triton #466 Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton) No Quarter
OK! Your on. I can't wait! The winner provides ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon beer upon return to our respected moorings. Close quarter yelling and screaming while racing is tollerated and the race committe will ignore all protests - blue blazers while racing are optional. you will only be allowed to use your engine if you are a full distance away from bouy to bouy and you have to turn it off once the compitition is sporting again.
Brian Jollyboat, Triton #466 Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton) No Quarter