SCOUT sighting?

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:32 am
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42
Location: L.I. Sound

SCOUT sighting?

Post by Figment »

Saturday (the 7th?) afternoon, around 4:30 or 5:00, I'm 95% sure I saw SCOUT running east under jib and jigger, just off Hamonnasset point. Looking just glorious. How many dark-hulled Invicta-looking things can there be on the sound?

I was the green and white spinnaker that had just crossed 300yds ahead of you into Clinton harbor.
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

So where's the picture? Sheesh.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:32 am
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42
Location: L.I. Sound

Post by Figment »

Yes, the onboard photocrew certainly dropped the ball on that one!
I let it slide, though, as we'd just doused the spinnaker into the companionway hatch, so finding the camera beneath that pile of nylon wasn't going to be a quick operation.
User avatar
Rachel
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 3044
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Rachel »

Boy, that thread title sure had my hopes up for a photo.
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Figment wrote:...we'd just doused the spinnaker into the companionway hatch, so finding the camera beneath that pile of nylon wasn't going to be a quick operation.
Always with the excuses. ;<)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Scout

Post by Scout »

Gee Fig, just saw this...I'm not sure - that was 4 weeks ago!! Let's see, the first night we dropped anchor in Duck Island, so, it could have been, I guess. Sorry, but I don't remember the Spinny dousing. Wish you h ad hailed us, we always moniter 16. Sorry to have missed you.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:32 am
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42
Location: L.I. Sound

Post by Figment »

Well, I'm GLAD you don't recall the dousing of the spinnaker. I like to think I handle it well enough to not make a spectacle of the evolution! :)

Oh yeah, radio. Honestly I forget I even have one aboard 98% of the time. 5 demerits for me.
Scout

Post by Scout »

RE radio, some how or another it is engrained (ingrained?) in both of us that the radio comes out and is turned on at the beginning of every day. Is your home port not Long Island, west of us? Purty far afield I'd say, must have been racing?
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Contact:

Post by jollyboat »

Scout! - Hey wanna have lunch this weekend - will you be at the mooring?
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
Scout

Post by Scout »

Gee Grif, didn't see this till today. Would have plucked you on Saturday as we went by you....dang!

Evening sail? Like the old days? Only, with maturity?
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Contact:

Only, with maturity?

Post by jollyboat »

Only, with maturity? ! Oh, I am sorry - though I have aged a little a am still not mature - and hope I never am. Would very much love a ride on SCOUT - you guys have done a fanstastic job. How do you think you would fair in race against the lightest TRITON in Western LongIsland Sound?
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
Scout

Post by Scout »

Good question, it seems every boat of any size or rig is faster than us. It's an ongoing source of amusement (?)

But, hey, I'm game.
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Contact:

WLIS-PABST BLUE RIBBON SAILING CLASSIC

Post by jollyboat »

OK! Your on. I can't wait! The winner provides ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon beer upon return to our respected moorings. Close quarter yelling and screaming while racing is tollerated and the race committe will ignore all protests - blue blazers while racing are optional. you will only be allowed to use your engine if you are a full distance away from bouy to bouy and you have to turn it off once the compitition is sporting again.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
Scout

Post by Scout »

Pabst? Does it still exist? Longnecks?

Go ahead and wear YOUR blazer, amuse me.
Post Reply