Good news/ Bad news

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Post Reply
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Good news/ Bad news

Post by bcooke »

Good news and bad news. I just got an email from Scanmar saying a brand new Monitor wind vane, custom made to my boat, has been picked up at their factory by UPS and is on its way to me.

The bad news is ... how in the world am I going to pay for this when it comes up on my credit card?...

-Britton
Tony
Skilled Systems Installer
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:14 pm
Boat Name: S/V Bonnie Blue
Boat Type: Catalina 22
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by Tony »

Hmmm....three or four days to get the windvane installed, a day for provisioning, 2 weeks to plan the bank robbery, another 2 days for...Wait, never mind. :-)
Tony
dasein668
Boateg
Posts: 1637
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:09 am
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668
Location: Portland, Maine
Contact:

Post by dasein668 »

So I guess your not going to buy that shifter linkage "just because," huh? hehe

On the other hand, if you buy it from me for 75, I'm sure that you can sell it on ebay for like 400, based on your past luck!
User avatar
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Posts: 5708
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:39 pm
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton
Location: Whitefield, ME
Contact:

Post by Tim »

bcooke wrote:The bad news is ... how in the world am I going to pay for this when it comes up on my credit card?...
Bah! Insignificant details.

What the boat wants, the boat gets! Live it, love it.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
MikeD
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:42 pm
Boat Name: Totoro
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 23 (#626)
Location: Scarborough, Maine

Post by MikeD »

Just make sure you're finished with your restoration and in the water before the creditors come calling...
Mike
Totoro (SS23 #626)
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton
Location: Rowley, MA
Contact:

Post by bcooke »

Hmmm....three or four days to get the windvane installed, a day for provisioning, 2 weeks to plan the bank robbery, another 2 days for...Wait, never mind. :-)
Those were the exact thoughts that ran through my mind when I realized what I had done :-0
On the other hand, if you buy it from me for 75, I'm sure that you can sell it on ebay for like 400, based on your past luck!
I am already crafting an Ebay advertisement. I figure if I can sell it for more than $75 this week then I will have time to buy it from you and ship it to my Ebay customer!
Bah! Insignificant details.
What the boat wants, the boat gets! Live it, love it.
And you call yourself benevolent? Evil, pure evil. No wonder my life is falling apart :-)
Just make sure you're finished with your restoration and in the water before the creditors come calling...
I have already updated the restoration schedule. I might be re-installing my plywood interior mockup for the upcoming cruise.

-Britton
dasein668
Boateg
Posts: 1637
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:09 am
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668
Location: Portland, Maine
Contact:

Post by dasein668 »

bcooke wrote:
On the other hand, if you buy it from me for 75, I'm sure that you can sell it on ebay for like 400, based on your past luck!
I am already crafting an Ebay advertisement. I figure if I can sell it for more than $75 this week then I will have time to buy it from you and ship it to my Ebay customer!
Ha!
Allen
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:26 pm
Location: On the move
Contact:

Post by Allen »

Tim wrote:What the boat wants, the boat gets!
If my spouse sees this she will never let me come and visit you Tim. :D
Allen
SV KAHOLEE
Triton #158

Click Here for Position

Image
Post Reply